Thursday, April 11, 2013

Flowering Mater Buds? Yeah.. We Got That...

Yes siree.. We got mater flowers.  This is the day for opening up those buds!

Sherrie announced to the world this morning that two of her little ones, Cranberry and Red where each opening up a mater bud for the world to see.  Congrats to Sherrie on the first posting of open buds.

However, I found it quite strange that Sherrie had made this announcement so early in the morning.  It is a work day you know!  Well, I guess the excitement was just too much for her.  She cast aside her professional duties until she had photographed and announced the great event.  And she deserves a great deal of credit for setting HER priorities.  Let's just hope her boss has the same sentiment.

Anyway, back here at the RETIRED Mater-Master headquarter, I left my little ones early this morning to take care of my responsibilities.  Yes, I went to work bright and early, placing work and my duty as my first priority.  But, I must admit, the first thing I did when I arrive home was to check my little ones.  And wouldn't you know it.  Rocky II and Hush Puppy III were proudly displaying their opening buds at 3:00 PM today.  Imagine the excitement!

Here are the opening buds and the first of Mater-Master's mater flowers.  The first flower is that of Rocky II, and he is still in his little planting pot.


The next photo is Lush Puppy III's, a couple of hours ahead of Rocky II's.  He is now out in the garden facing the elements on his own.


Notice the other bud just about to open.

I think we should now check the facts and summarize the data.  Let's see, The Manual Mater Maker planted her seeds on February 9, 2013.  And today is 61 days from planting those seeds.  The Mater Master planted his seeds on February 16, 2013, a week later.  That is 54 days from planting of his seeds.  Now, I will give the Manual Mater Maker the benefit of the doubt because she reported her flowering buds early in the day. So, she is something less than one day ahead of the Mater Master, but for the sake of argument, let's just say she is one day ahead.  Well, very good...  the Mater Master has more work to do.  BUT, that also means that the Mater Master gained 6 days on the 7 day gimme lead granted to the Manual Mater Maker.  Well, it is really getting close now.

Now let's watch what the Worm Compost Tea and PowerTower can do to overtake those Manual Mater Maker maters.  Side beats still available!

It won't be long now before we see the first little green mater appear,  probably around the end of April.

But who will be the first one to get there?






4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Ah Mater Master - I'm going to have to take that lens off of you! That ain't no flower, you're just zooming up that little bud's petticoat. Shameful.

I'm sure if I had a lens like that I could have zoomed way in to see the tiny fingers of my buds just start to separate days ago.

Nah, show me a FLOWER Mater Master. Check that bud tomorrow. But that's a still a bud today!

(I still love you though, crafty zoom lens and all.)

Lucky the Leprechaun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucky the Leprechaun said...

Ooohhh...Kaaayyy! Not an opening bud...Huh? Well, that is an interesting way to deal with your competition. Just deny that it is there! If you want to take the "Ostrich" approach with your head in the sand.... or where ever you have it stuck, go right ahead. Me and the rest of the world can see what is actually in those pictures.

Anyway, the non-existing opening buds are opened even further this morning at 7:00 AM. One might even call them a flower now, plus Rocky and Hush Puppy IV are also excitedly presenting their new opening buds.

Anyway, this situation kind of reminds me of the Road Runner and Wiley Coyote, you being Wiley. Yeap, Wiley is tooling down the road as fast as he can not acknowledging that the Road Runner is fast approaching. When the Road Runner blows past Ole Wiley, he spins around and stops in the middle of the road. Then from nowhere, a lost piece of inventory from the Acme Safe Company, pile drives Wiley's butt into the dirt. ...This is your coming fate.

So beware of the.... Beep..Beep - Whoosh sounds - Just don't look up!

(Love you too but you sure don't like my lens - do you?)

Days ago you could have photographed on opening bud? I believe days ago I had to send you a photo of a mater bud just so you would know what one looked like. Yeah, I still do love you too.

Sherrie said...

Wow wee I think that the Mater Master is a wiley coyote!! Note to self... don't mess with the Mater Master cracking buds, oops I mean "FLOWERS"

I have unfortunately been creamed this am with work and couldn't steal away until now. (I suppose I had a better work ethic today.)

Sure wish I knew we were measuring opening buds versus actual flowers, I coulda photographed at least 5 other plants yesterday!! Oh well tomato - towmato. His cracked buds are probably almost flowers today. I'll honor the "gimmie flower, we all know that my flower will have a tomato first. I just need to find me one of those lenses that can photograph in micrometers to prove it!

PS - since its now Friday - a coupla days ago would be about Tuesday. You had to school me on mater buds last Saturday. You can only have one gimme per day Pop!

Love ya back!

Post a Comment