Thursday, April 18, 2013

One Week In The PowerTower


It has been one week yesterday that Rocky slipped into the PowerTower.  He seems really happy in there and doing well.  Today's blog is just an update on his progress of the last seven days.  I have included two photos of him from yesterday and also reposted the photo from last week just after he made his new home in the PowerTower.

Here is the comparison.


Above - Rocky a week ago just after moving in.


Rocky on April 17, 2013 - One week in the PowerTower

Notice the chain in the photo.  It is a good reference point.  Rocky was a lot shorter last week.  He didn't even make it to the bottom of the chain.  Yesterday he was well above the bottom of the chain.  The actual difference in his height is 5 1/2".




A view more from the top.  I am very pleased with Rocky's growth.  He is producing a lot of leaves, thick stalk and setting mater-buds/flowers.  Yesterday I counted 22 buds/flowers on him.  He is not using so much of his energy to grow upward.  He has a good balance of height / width / and fruit production. I think that is going to be the winning combination.  As I mentioned before, he is a Lush Puppy!

I am guessing that in another two weeks we will see the little green tomatoes in the places of the yellow flowers.  Place your bets - it's a close race.  My competitors are keeping the pedal down.



2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Wow, that Rocky is turning into a champ! He seems to like his new "fancy pants" pot. I am glad to see he's got some flowers too. It going to be close for sure. I'm looking forward to taking that beer from you!

Sherrie said...

Hey Mater Master - check out my blog..

Post a Comment