Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hello.. Hello.. Anyone Home?

Boy it sure has been quiet out there!  Haven't heard much from my mater buddies.  Maybe they are too busy with other things.  Or, maybe... they are ashamed of their maters!  Could be - don't know - but something unusual is going on.

Had a chance to get a photo of the Magnificent Seven this morning so I got them together for a group portrait.  Here they are, basking in the long awaited sunshine.


You will notice that Rocky and Rocky II (there in the background) are now both in bigger homes. I had to take them out of the 6" pots and move them into 12" pots.  I'm not fond of the color but the size was right and so was the price.  It is a little hard to gauge their true size because they are planted so deep into the new containers.  They are planted so deep because I want them to build as big of a root system as possible.



As you can see, the remaining five have also outgrown their cribs.  I'm looking for new homes for them but haven't found anything big enough yet.  But I need to come up with something pretty soon!

It has been almost 6 weeks from the planting of the seeds, 7 weeks in Sherrie's case.  More than a 1/3 of that time has been pretty lousy weather here at Mater-Master.  But the maters are hanging in there and they have every intention of bringing home the beer.

Today or tomorrow I will brew up some more worm compost tea for the maters to enjoy.  Makes 'em big and strong!  The worms have been relentless in their efforts to support this challenge.  They just keep chomping away, day and night - quite amazing - they never get tired or complain about the food.

Well, I will just patiently wait on the Manual Mater Maker and Mater-Matic for some sign of life.  Maybe they both have withdrawn from the race and are too humiliated to mention it.  If you are, it's OK, I won't rub it in...   too much....  NOT!

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Now you know I won't be able to resist smacking back to that post! Unfortunately for you I'm off work today so I've got a little time to snap a photo and put you to shame!! My babies are not only doing good... They're doing G-R-E-A-T! Nope you won't like my photos one bit!

That being said, despite all the crying you've been doing about those cloudy days in SC, your plants look really good. Nice and green and strong! You're catching up.. but you're not caught up yet!

Sherrie said...

RUT ROW!!!

More rain for you this week. Tell your mater babies that they're gonna have to wait a few more days till the clouds clear to grow again. Ah... just as you were nipping at my heels.

You may know Jack Frost, but I know Mother Nature and from the look of the storms headed your way.. she likes me better! (Or maybe she saw your post about the polar bears and the tree huggers. Mother Nature is their leader you know.)

Lucky the Leprechaun said...

No - I don't think I ticked-off Mother Nature. She don't like Gore and his fairy tales either! Nope, it think it is just part of her overall plan to lull you into a feeling of unfounded over-confidence, then... she will unleash some SC sunshine for my little ones.

Keep an eye out for a sale on Yuenling beer. You could save a few bucks to help pay for all of those Non-Mother Nature photons you have been buying! That's what really ticks her off!

Sherrie said...

Mother Nature and I have a deal. As long as she keeps it sunny and warm, I put the mater babies on the steps for her. If she gives me clouds and cold, I say, "Don't make me pull out my light!". Usually that keeps her under control.

Boy those mater babies sure do love that sun. Gulped it up all day today. They will be disappointed when they get "diet sun" tomorrow with all the rain. It just doesn't taste the same they tell me.

Lucky the Leprechaun said...

Be careful - you must not fool with Mother Nature...

Post a Comment