Sunday, March 24, 2013

Yuck... Is there an end to this?

It has really been some very lousy mater growing weather here at Mater-Master, at least for the past several days.  Cold... Dark... Rainy.  It is even a challenge for the Mater-Master.

My competition has been proudly displaying their maters which have been sucking up all that intense artificial light while we have been sitting around waiting on a decent day to grow maters with natural light.

Well I couldn't take any longer, so I slipped outside and photographed what we have been dealing with at the Mater-Master even though it is not very pretty!

Here are the Magnificent Seven sitting inside their home after several days of bad weather, cooling their little leaves, waiting on the sun!



It's making it tough!  Although it is holding 70 degrees inside the Mater-Master, the only light they are getting is from the flashes of lightning popping all around us!  Not so good!  In the upper left of the photo you can see the streaks of rain falling as I grabbed this quick photo.

But, we knew this wasn't going to be easy when we signed up for this contest.  The plants are getting pretty stalky and that is a good thing.  Deep green, heavy foliage and the stalks are getting fairly thick, just not as tall as they may have been if we had some sunshine.  So even though the maters have not had the best of growing conditions they are still doing well and we will keep the pressure on the competition.

More photos to follow once we get a break in the weather.

Sherrie, I don't know if you have combined the rain dancing with "Who-Doo-Two's" efforts, but it looks like you have got an effective strategy going for you!  

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Since I didn't win big in the lotto, I've had some time on my hands to rain dance. That one-two punch seems to be working there Pop.

Its miserable here too. Nasty and cold. It's a hot coco day for sure. Mike how's it going over at Mater-Matic??

MickeyDSC said...

"The weather outside is frightful ...
But inside it's pure delightful.
And as long as that fake sun glows ...
Let 'em grow, let 'em grow, let 'em grow!"

Compliments of the Mater Matic.

Sherrie said...

Ha!! Thats funny!!

Lucky the Leprechaun said...

That's one for the "keepers" list. You may have missed your calling.

Saw an ad just yesterday in the Help Wanted section. Wanted, song writing mater grower. I think that one is a natural for you.

MickeyDSC said...

Just wait until I break in my new harmonica - they'll be a blues riff just for the Mater Master!

Lucky the Leprechaun said...

Oh please... not within ear-shot of my little ones.

Post a Comment