Monday, March 4, 2013

Time for a Team Meeting!

Well looking back on the past week it seems that the Mater-Master is losing some of the early gains made by that super-quick germination.  And although our growth is good we are losing some ground! (pun intended.)

What to do?  What to do?  Recollecting back to my "Corporate Management" days (which I have eagerly bailed from) one of the theorems pounded into my being in dealing with issues goes like this:  "There is no problem that can't be solved by a Team Meeting."  Now I didn't particularly subscribe to that philosophy but I was made to frequently practice it.  I tend to lean toward the Larry the Cable Guy School of Management where "Get'r Done" is the battle cry.  I also was fond of the Nike School's philosophy that says "Just Do It."  Not that "touchy-feelly" stuff.  But I gave it a whirl.

I called everyone together and set the stage explaining the current situation.  All the competing maters and the entire army of worms were on hand.  I explained that we must have under estimated the practices that are going on in the "closed" garages of our opponents.

To the south of us we have the cunning mind of Mater-Matic mixing up some kind of exotic mater-mash to feed his babies!!  Not to mention all of the gadgetry tucked away in their secret lab. Also he has now launched a new offensive with the "Super Sippy Cup for Maters" fashioned from modified pickle buckets of all things.  His fiendish secretive efforts have all taken place behind those sealed garage doors.  Soon this mad scientist will bring his Franken-maters out into the open and will start having them drink "God only knows what" through those souped-up sippy cups.  Heaven help us.

Then to the north of us we have that crazed bio-genius that has figured out a way to genetically alter those poor little mater seeds using the Proton-Photon Generator.  Just this weekend she noticed that authorities were closing in on her so she moved here lab from that sealed garage to an undisclosed location.  By the way, the previous location pulled so much power from the grid that she blow a transformer down the street.  (This is true!)  Anyway,  now in her new location, she let it slip that her maters doubled in size overnight.  So now guys, we are up against The Incredible Hulk-maters. Big and Green.  I'll bet they are all wearing torn tee-shirts.

"Things are not looking good" I said to the Team.

I tried to encourage them and bring them to my way of thinking - "Today we can start turning things around - the sun is now shinning and the forecast is looking better."  Addressing the maters I said.  "You all got off to a great start but then things started slowing down."  Sympathizing with them, "I know you feel like you have been living under a dark cloud since your where born."  Then to the army of worms I consoled them,  "I know you think I have been keeping you in the dark and feeding you s**t."
"I know, it's not fair."

Trying to show leadership I continued to address them. "Well now is OUR time - Worms you guys have to step up to the plate."  "Maters, everyone has to put a little skin in the game."  "Today - I want to see a little hope and change."

Don't know if it worked .... but it worked for that other guy... twice!


3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Well let me tell you, I've been sitting through my share of lengthy team meetings this week and the only thing its gotten me is a sore head and a sore butt. Maybe you'll have better luck with your team!

Enjoy the sun while you can. I will be starting up the rain dance, that strategy seemed to work.

Now that transformer blowing was completely unrelated to my mater light! Unfortunately for me it made the news in SC... Good joke Pop, that's one for the list.

So still no photo of your plants huh??

Love
Sher

MickeyDSC said...

Here's hoping those maters can say 'sir yes sir' and make you proud. Tell them that their earth-bound brethren can only dream of the comfy, cozy castle you've put them up in, including all the worm poop they can slurp (sorry, too much?)

Just remind them of the 'to-motto' they should live by:

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these perennials from the swift cultivation of their pollinated rounds."

Lucky the Leprechaun said...

Sherrie, It looks like the team meeting worked.. at least somewhat. When I got home from work on Monday evening, the little maters were sprouting there second set of true leaves. Also contributing to that milestone was that the sun was shinning all day! So you being out of town seems to help things around here. You won't happen to have you boss' email would you?

MIke, as you have read above, looks like the are trying to make me proud or maybe the are just trying to avoid the "Pit." Either way, positive or negative reinforcement.. I really don't care why they do it. Just as long as they do it!

Post a Comment