I thought I would bring you up to date on the status of the worm tea production and some of the other events of the day. I was going to write about it but thought you really needed to see the progress for yourself so I created the video below to report on the status.
If you haven't already read the blog Sherrie posted today, you need to do so to fully understand my video.
From her desperate efforts to use "Who-Do" the voo-doo worm against my worm tea production, she is obviously not very confident in her ability to win this contest. Sure she got an early lead and her tomato plants are doing well indoors. But soon, she will have to take them outside, out from the protective light of her "Proton-Photon Generator and face the real elements. What are you going to do then Sherrie? It's a long way from here to the finish line!
Not to worry... we have taken the necessary precautions to stop her madness... there is no stopping the Mater-Master.
20 comments:
Pop that's some impressive poo.
You must really be proud of it cause you touched it with your bare hands (worm eggs, poo and all) 13 times in your video!! I cringed each time your hand went into it! Blaah, ugh. Please tell me you washed your hands before lunch?
Loved the garlic idea, very funny! Just one flaw in your plan. Garlic is for vampires - not voo doo dolls. But, your worms are now safe from blood sucking predators. Shame they aren't safe from the Manual Mater Maker.
Love,
Sher
Garlic.. huh...only for vampires? - Oh silly me! Well at least I won't have to worry about the blood sucking predators getting my worms. And my worms think I'm serving them Italian tonight.
But I think I'm in luck. "Who-Do" your Voo Doo-Doo worm doll was casting spells to "back-up" my worms and halt production. That is not going to work. Actually my worm's diet includes regular servings of caffeinated used coffee grounds. The worms actually love the stuff. I add it every time I feed them. They all take a couple hits of caffein each morning and they are "good to go..." all day long. Caffein does that to ya'. Well all day and all night. They really never stop. So please tell Who-Do to get the pin out of his butt and try something else.
Yeap... we are a proud bunch here at Mater-Master. But not so uppity as to be afraid to get our hands a little dirty! It is a "Dirty Job" - butt somebody has got to do it. We couldn't get Mike Rowe.
I might need to make a second who-doo then!! And I still gotta work on Mike. Being a smart a## is an artform, it unfortunately takes time.
Yeah... you are certainly an artist!
Well, it's the end of the day, and now I can sit down at the keyboard on my own time.
Dad sure is proud of his 'refactored' garbage. I'm glad I didn't watch this too close to the end of dinnertime. He sure does get extra 'brown'ie points on the Yuk-A-Meter. And that grin of his when he says, and I quote "The worms are obviously happy, due to all the offspring" Hmm, yeah - I'm just not going to go there.
So now we know where Dad got his brown thumb. and I suppose we can speculate where Sher got her goosesh*t green thumb. I'm just glad I have a decent supply of handsoap to clean up after tending to the Mater-Matic. Perhaps I should share?
And speaking of refactoring, here's a little song for you Dad ...
"Big Brown Blobs of Greasy Grimy Wormie Poo,
Baby Wormie Eggie Goo,
Where's the Maters? I dunnoo!
... too bad I forgot my soap!"
Mike now that's comedy! Direct hit on the Top 10 List!! Go ahead and move that one up!
You know Mike, I have a theory about the lack of mater photos on Dad's site.
I was initially thinking that he was waiting for his maters to get as big as mine before he posted another pic, (yeah like that's gonna happen) but now I think we may be dealing with something else. I recall this time last year he accidentally "off-ed them." Little too much sun under that plastic and he had a flat of fried green maters. I betcha the Mater Master did it again and is to"shamed" to come clean knowing the beating he'd take from us! That's why he keeps showing us everything else. Worms, peas, lettuce. It's starting to make sense!!
Ahit Mom, keep him honest, are ALL the maters in the worm pit??? Dad you're on batch #2 aren't you?
Mater Master, you kilt em.
Hmm - it is a bit of a mystery. We did have quite a few days of sun, then lots of talk about fending off rain dances and voo doo - but, then no pics. There's no denying it. I think they call that a 'bait and switch'.
I may have to call 'Missing Maters' and start an inquiry.
Ahh, it's such a mystery, ain't it. Did they or didn't they.... only the keeper of the "Pit" knows for sure. If I post a picture then both of you will know... but if I don't post a picture.. well then you still won't be sure whether I am out of the race or not. Hmmm, what shall I do... what shall I do?? Photo?? or no Photo?
If I post a photo, do I have to put that stupid dime in the photo and can I pick the lens I want to use? Or, will I have to follow the "after-the-posting-of-the-official-rules" method and switch mater photos in mid-stream?
And yes I had to leave the Mater-Master unattended for almost four days. Did the little mater plants shrivel up into tired little stalks of brownish-green, bake in the sun and die of thirst or did the Mater-Master perform as advertised and kept all of the plants comfy and safe while I was gone. Which one.. Is Ole Mater-Master out of the race or bearing down on that "Gimme Lead" given to Sherrie?
Is the worm farm all for-not.. Especially just as the first tray of super fertilizer was ready to anoint the little mater-babies, kicking them into mach-growing speed and propelling them to the front of the pack? Or is the worm juice just a mater-dream to be buried in the garden?
Check back to learn the fate of Mater-Master's mater-babies.
Well Sher and I have graduated to quarters, but if you want to use the dime to show how big your maters are, well by all means :)
I'm sure they're absolutely monstrous at this point. Or maybe it's the mutant worms that are monstrous, after devouring those 'fried green NO-MATERS'
Yeaah dem maters sho are dead. Dad is singing the blues!
Where is my sunshine, I need my sunshine
I can't grow new maters when skies are gray,
They'll never know I killed my maters
Unless Lou gives my secret away!
Suspicious!
2nd verse ...
I just need sunshine, my only sunshine
cuz all my wormies are good and fed
I really wish I paid more attention
cuz all my maters are now good and dead!
3rd verse:
Bring on that Sunshine, I want more sunshine!
Mater-Master will show them all,
My worms are working more than ever
Just to make my maters strong and tall.
4th verse:
You think I kilt them, why would I kilt them?
Cause I'm mean and didn't care?
Soon I'll show you, your doubting greenhorns,
Your defeat you'll soon have to bear.
Confident!
The proof is in the picture Pop!!
(We all should be song writers!)
I would have had the picture posted by now but I just can't decide which lens to use! Decisions, decisions.
They are dead for sure, I've never known you not to be able to decide on a lens.
Mike you and I are on strike too! No mater photos till Dad posts a photo of his "actual size" mater plants!!
PS: Now that you are back, the rain dancing resumes. How's the weather down there Pop?
Stay tuned for an update! Photos will happen.
You obviously don't have much to do today - except dancing. The weather stinks, it is heavy-heavy overcast. "Bring on that sunshine, I need that sunshine."...
I just went outside to take some photos - but can't, it is raining too hard. If you want some photos you need to stop the rain dancing!
Another excuse, that Mater Master is covered with plastic! They are so D-E-D!
The tomatoes may be covered but that camera isn't. And, it don't like rain drops.
Post a Comment